Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumkin Smoothie

I'm keeping with the whole Halloween/Fall theme this week at our house. Since I have two kids that are in school I can't do lunches and dinners are hit and miss with activities like hockey and school plays. So I make sure to do something good for breakfast each morning, even if it's something simple. This morning it was pumpkin smoothies.


I wasn't real sure about trying this one. The idea of a pumpkin smoothie was a bit odd at first but I thought what the heck. It turned out to be very tasty. A pleasant surprise.


INGREDIENTS:
1 banana
1 apple, peeled and diced
3/4 cup canned pumpkin
3/4 cup milk or low fat vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 tsp cinammon
(you can also add 4 graham cracker squares if you like a thicker smoothie or fiber one cereal for a thicker, healthier smoothie)


DIRECTIONS:
Combine ingredients in blender and puree until smooth.

No comments: