Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sweet Potato Pie

I got to have another lazy morning. I made Sweet Potato Pie yesterday afternoon and served it for breakfast this morning. I also served the kids vanilla yogurt on the side so I could at least pretend I wasn't giving them dessert for breakfast again.

I've noticed that most breakfast foods are packed with sugar or grease anyway so I don't think they are any healthier than this particular kind of pie. Anyway, sweet potato pie says fall to me. Now I just have one more day to get through of this crazy fall breakfast theme I have placed upon myself.

1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup Mashed, cooked sweet potatoes
3 lightly beaten eggs
1/3 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pie shell, Unbaked


Cream butter and brown sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Blend in sweet potato and eggs. Add corn syrup, milk, salt and vanilla; mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake in a 425-degree oven for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 35 to 45 minutes longer or until well set.

No comments: